AmsterDAM I Love This City-U.N.E.S.C.O. Bucket List-Bonus!
Like any big city, I could live there for a lifetime and not see everything that I want to see. For me, just walking around this place was a bucket list dream fulfilled. I am 100% sure that I will return to this DAMN fine city. I had oodles of fun and aside from huge crowds, I can’t wait to get back! This is my DAMN story! See my MEGaview!
I stayed out of town and parking and traffic basically sucked but the cars were cool. I ended up taking the damn train anyway.
Beautiful train station and entrance to a fine city.
I remember feeling so excited to be here and catch a glimpse of Amsterdam. What a damn stupid pole in my second photo.
This is a walking city. It is also a biking city and I love biking. BIKE ON Netherlands!
Holy Bikes, I love this city!
One of my favorite photos-
There are lots of squares where people gather.
So, I made the photo of myself very small because IDK what was going on with my Damn hair. The lion looks great however. This city is ALIVE!
Amsterdam is known for the canals. Built for trade, there are 165 of them.
Take a canal tour even if it is raining.
In 2010, the canal ring was made a U.NE.S.C.O. Heritage Site. Since I “collect” these sites, this tour was a winner before it began. The 400 year old series of canals connects this wonderful city.
The tour start just happened to be across from an Irish Pub, I collect these too!
Here are some amazing sights that I saw along the way!
How cool are these houseboats *Dream House!
Seriously,, You cant make this up! I loved enjoying the different styles of buildings. I began to straighten a few of my photos but remembered the buildings are leaning!
The Museums here are top notch. They are crowded for sure. See my MEGatips for advice.
The Rijksmuseum is one of Amsterdam’s grandest museums, the construction has now finished.
Anne Frank Haus
Had to see the Flower Market. You can have bulbs sent home. It’s in a place with lots of shops. There is a cheese store nearby where I had a tasting. I love to try me some street food and eating herring was on my Amsterdam Bucket List
That was fun. And to get your drink on
Watching other people watch stuff. There is more than one way to see a city. This was one of the oldest pubs in Amsterdam. Heineken!
What can I say? AmsterDAM I love you!
MEGastars 5 of 5 ***** DUH!
- I get that a canal tour might be a touristy thing to do but it is a fantastic way to see the canals and the city. I give this 5 MEGastars ***** Better yet, have a lot of cash? Rent your own damn boat and a boat house to boot
- . There are a million ways to tour the canal. I would think one of the specialty tours would be fun! And, I think I will rent a paddleboat next time I am in town. Whatever way you choose, Do NOT miss the canal ring.
- Check out the I Amsterdam Card. The discounts may well worth the card. Plus, you can book ahead and pick up at The Visitor Center’s including one in Schiphol Airport. It includes a canal cruise and several of the City Museums including the Van Gogh Museum.Get all of your tickets ahead of thime. The long lines basically suck.
- Eat Sardines from a street cart.
- Visit the Rijksmuseum. Buy your tickets AHEAD of time. There will still be lines of people but you do not have to go to ticket counter.
- You can take the train in from the airport and if you travel light, you can carry your luggage to your hotel. Avoiding car rental altogether. This is a walking and bike city. No problem.
- Next time that I go, I am going to use Haarlem as a bounce off spot. The trains were so easy to take. I drove into Amsterdam and parking basically sucked at the time that I went AND I ended up taking the train anyway.
- Check out my Instagram for more photos.