My Big Phat Greek Italian Mediterranean Pizza 100 Dishes To Eat In Alabama Before You Die
MEGabite #28 or #74 Counting Down. Mediterranean Pizza at Tomatino’s
In the heart of a cool neighborhood in Montgomery, Tomatino’s has been a place that strives to bake outstanding pizza using fresh, organic and best quality ingredients.
I chose the traditional crust. Loaded with fresh spinach, Roma tomatoes, mushrooms, red onions, artichoke hearts and capers. Topped with feta, mozzarella and provolone cheeses. the hand tossed crust was perfect. I was hesitant on the mixture of toppings but this pizza was really delicious and cheesy. I liked it a lot!
Aside from being on “The 100,” Here are a few more accolades;
- Best Pizza” in the River Region by Max Federal Credit Union’s more Magazine – Spring 2011.
- Chosen by the Wall Street Journal as a “must stop” place along the Civil Right’s Trail.
- Tomatinos was selected by the Montgomery Advertiser Reader’s Choice Award for the “Best Pizza” in 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2010.Tomatinos Pizza
One of the things that I love about Tomatino’s is their menu of fresh ingredients and many choices to build your own. To name a few interesting toppings; Alabama goat cheese, house-baked meatballs, Gulf shrimp, fresh mushrooms, Shitake and Portobello mushrooms,, squash, almonds, basil pesto, Genoa and Prosciutto…Yum!
- I give this pizza 4 MEGastars;
- *** stars for good tasting pizza with a wonderful toppinga, cheese and crust menu.
- * star for meeting the criteria set forth by Tourism Alabama of using fresh local ingredients served with Alabama pride!
- Get the cheeseticks.
- It is a small restaurant and may be busy during shows held at The Capri Theater.
- Have room left after the pizza? Try a gelato or one of the specialty desserts from Café’ Louisa.