Strawberry Salad, Berry Dressing, and Strawberry Salmon Swag- Recipe
Last week on Tasty Tuesday, I wrote about strawberries season winding down in my part of the world, I am following with one of my favorite salad dressing recipes. And how to use up that *bleep ton* of strawberries. I have to admit that I do not like writing recipe blogs but so many people have asked me for this recipe.
Picky Eater? use a dead chicken instead. Or, Vegan, Paleo, Vegetarian? Don’t put any meat on the salad. Duh.
So here goes. I generally make a small batch that makes about six servings but this recipe can so easily be doubled if you can do the math.
- 1/4 pound of strawberries cleaned and tops cut off (doy) And use those strawberries that are ripe instead of throwing them out.
- 1/2 to 1 Tablespoon of honey. If strawberries are fresh and sweet, you won’t need much.
- A small grind of fresh pepper or a pinch of black pepper, whatever.
- 1/2 to 1 Tablespoon of Strawberry Cider. But, who usually has that stuff? So, use the Apple Cider Vinegar that is in your fridge. You are not the healthy type at all? Grab a lime from the store, cut it in half and squeeze that mother. *Note, I match the amount to my honey. If I use 1 TBSP Honey, I use 1 TBSP of Cider/Vinegar/lime juice-Get it?
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- Mix that mess up in a blender, a food processor, or this thing that I use with a stick. Mix it until it’s smooth.
I generally get my salmon from Costco. You know the wild healthy kind. I like it because it is pre-portioned. But get it from the darn river if you are one of those types.
- Take some of that pink mess that you made and put it in a small container with your salmon. Try to marinade it for an hour two. But, who plans? So at least 30 minutes or so.
- A good cook might grill their salmon. I’m not really one so I put in in the dang oven at 350° for about 15 minutes. Oh, and put the skin down for heaven’s sakes.
- I like baby spinach for this salad. You don’t? Cool, use whatever.
- Chuck a good handful of spinach on a plate.
- Throw on a Tablespoon or two of slivered or sliced almonds. Do as I say not as I do, almonds are prettier on this salad. Trust me.
- Add in a few red onions
- Want to be fancy or use this dish as a main course? You are the alpha of this recipe, add some small chunks of blue cheese, feta, or goat cheese.
- Cut up a few fresh perfectly ripe strawberries, put them on top or bottom, whatever way that you like it.
- Throw on some dressing to your taste.
- Use this recipe for your guests. It will impress the heck out of them. Yeesh, It’s not rocket science if you can read, you can make this recipe.
- I don’t use any salt in the dressing because that stuff is in every dang thing and I dig my kidneys.
- This lasts maybe a week in the refrigerator. Know when it’s bad? It stinks to high heaven and looks clumpy. Gross.
- Seasonal Affective Disorder? Freeze this stuff for wintertime.
- There are variations on Pinterest.
- Don’t have fresh strawberries? Well, use the frozen ones that are picked at the height of the season.
Hope that you like my recipe. Thanks for the read!